Friday, August 13, 2021

Episode 39

me: Thanks for calling, how can I help you?

pt: I just need to confirm the location for my appointment. 

me: The test is done in The New Building, TNB, the new location.

pt: Oh okay, so the same place I went to last year.

me: No, The new location. It's called The New Building. 

pt: Yeah, I know where that is. I've been going there for the last 50 years.

me: I'm sorry, did you not hear me? I said The New Building. It's new. Just opened a few months ago.

pt: Well I don't want to go there. I've had all my tests done at The Old Building for the last 50 years. I want to go there.

me: I'm sorry, that can't happen. They moved. Everything else is the same, the staff, same system. Just new building and new equipment.

pt: Well why wasn't I told that when I scheduled?

me: I'm not sure. We typically tell patient's that when they initially set up their appointment. I don't know why that wasn't mentioned to you.

pt: I just wanted to go to the old location.

me: ....what do you want me to do? They only do the tests in The New Building. 

pt: I mean...I HAVE to keep my appointment!!

me: You don't have to keep the appointment, noone is forcing you. You are allowed to cancel if you really don't want to go to the new location.

pt: But I need my mammogram.

me: Okay so what do you want me to do?

pt: *hangs up*

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment