Thursday, August 5, 2021

Episode 30

 Back from vacation!! And boy did I not miss this one bit.


pt: My doctor gave me this order for a nuclear stress test and I need it ASAP.

me: Well, next available is next week on Wednesday.

pt: Oh no absolutely not. I need it before next Wednesday.

me: Okay, well I will have to call the department.

*calls department - 5 minutes later*

me: Alright, they can get you in on Monday at 9am.

pt: Oh no! I can't do that! My son has surgery and he needs me to be there for support!

me: I can give you the number for the other locations if you'd like to try there and see if they can get you in before Wednesday if that Monday doesn't work for you.

pt: Well why can't they do Saturday or Sunday?

me: They only do this test Monday through Friday.

pt: That's just stupid. What do they do when patient's need the test and they aren't available? Just ask them, it's not that difficult.

me: I'm sorry, but no. I will not be asking them to come in on their day off to squeeze you in. Like I said, you can call the other locations and see if they have something before Wednesday.

pt: Why are you being unprofessional. Do your job, and ask them. My doctor is going to be so upset! He will never send a patient to your hospital ever again!

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment