Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Episode 86

me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: Transfer me to radiology now please. 

me: May I ask what for? That way I can get you to the right area. 

pt: I need to schedule an MRI.

me: Alright well what kind of MRI? We schedule most MRIs so you might already be in the right location.

pt: My doctor ordered of the shoulder. So, transfer me to radiology now.

me: Just a regular MRI of the shoulder or an arthrogram?

pt: Why are you not transferring me to radiology?

me: Well, because if it's an MRI of the shoulder, that's something that we schedule. So, you'd already be in the right location. But if it's an arthrogram, then that's a different department. I need to know which area you should be in to get the test scheduled.

pt: *deep long sigh* OH MY GOD. It's just an MRI of my shoulder. I ain't never heard of no arth-o-gram.

me: Great, then you don't need to talk to anyone else because we schedule those appointments. What's your name?

pt: But I don't want to give you my name. 

me: Then I guess we aren't scheduling any appointment for you.

pt: Transfer me to radiology.

me: Radiology does not schedule MRI shoulder appointments- we do. But I can't schedule without you giving me your name.

pt: I don't want to give you my name though.

me: Then I'll say the same thing as before. I cannot schedule without your name so if you aren't going to give me your name then we can't set up an MRI appointment.

pt: I shouldn't need to give you my name to set up an appointment. 

me: 




No comments:

Post a Comment