Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Episode 19

pt: I'm calling to schedule an ultrasound. I have the order here.

me: It looks like you already had an ultrasound scheduled a few weeks ago that you cancelled. Is that the test you are calling to schedule?

pt: No, I moved that appointment to the 26th. I'm looking to see if you have anything sooner.

me: Well I don't see any upcoming appointments for you. You're saying you're supposed to have an appointment on the 26th for the ultrasound?

pt: Let's not make this any more difficult than it needs to be. I just need an appointment.

me: I'm confused. Are you scheduling a new test, or trying to see if you can get in sooner? I just need to know what you are scheduling.

pt: Stop making this difficult. 

me: I'm not making this difficult. Just tell me what your order says.

pt: Fine, I'm rescheduling the ultrasound that I had scheduled before. Whatever. Just stop asking me questions.

me: Um...



No comments:

Post a Comment