Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Episode 21

pt: I need a mammogram.

me: Okay, do you have your order?

pt: I do, yes.

me: Great, is it a screening or diagnostic mammogram?

pt: Annual screening.

me: And does it have 3D or tomo written anywhere on the order?

pt: Well I don't actually have the order so I don't know.

me: You just said you had the order. So you don't really?

pt: I do not.

me: You'll have to call your doctor then to have them fax us the copy as we do need that information to schedule.

                                     30 MINUTES LATER

pt: I need a mammogram. My doctor said they faxed it 20 minutes ago.

me: It doesn't appear that we have any orders for you. It may not have come through yet.

pt: But they said they sent it! Why don't you have it!?

me: Like I said, it may not have come through yet. You can always call the office and have them fax it over again just to be safe.

pt: Well why can't you do that? I already told you I called them. Now it's your turn.

me: Oh, it's my turn? Interesting... I guess I'll give them a call and see what they say. 

*PUTS PT ON HOLD, CALLS OFFICE*

me: Hi, this patient said they called you about 30 minutes ago to have an order faxed and you sent it. We haven't received it so do you mind sending it again?

office: Yeah, we never got a phone call from that patient. I am not quite sure why she said we called. But yes, I will fax it over for you.

*BACK TO PATIENT*

me: Hi, yes. I actually spoke with the office and they said they never spoke with you this morning to fax us a copy. 

pt: Yeah I didn't want to call so I told you it was your turn. I didn't actually call them at all.

me: 





No comments:

Post a Comment