Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Episode 23

 me: *place where I work* scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need an oral surgeon for my son. I'm 80 but he's an adult. He's not a mature adult though, so that's why I'm calling.

me: We only schedule outpatient testing in our department. You'll have to call a surgeons office.

pt: Well why didn't you state that you were outpatient scheduling when you answered the phone!!!

me: The hold message does state that you need your order to schedule.. um...

pt: You need to tell patients what kind of scheduling you are. Now I look stupid. How am I supposed to find a surgeon?! This is ridiculous!!!

me: I mean, you can google it. That's your best bet. Look up organ surgeons near me and see what pops up.

pt: I don't know what Google is. I don't have a computer.

me: It sounds like you do know what google is if you say you don't have a computer...

pt: I already told you. I don't know the Google. Gosh, are you even listening to me??

me: Great, how about using a phone book. Those can work.

pt; You're seriously telling me that you expect me to look in a phone book? Just send me to a surgeons office! There has to be one in the hospital!!

me: Typically oral surgeons are not in the hospital, they are their own facility. I don't have any number for one.

pt: OMG STOP WASTING MY TIME JUST SEND ME TO A SURGEON.

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment