Thursday, August 12, 2021

Episode 36

On today's episode we switch things up from the classic conversation to describe reasons that I made patients mad today.


1. I called a patient while she was in a meeting, so when she answered I was being "rude and disrespectful." 

I'm sorry ma'am. I should have known that when I was calling you to see if you'd like to schedule your appointment that at that very moment you would be in a work meeting. It's very easy to send a call to voicemail, but I should not have even called you in the first place. My mistake.

2. A patient already had a test performed at a different hospital.

Sir, I apologize. With my all mighty powers I should have been able to see into the systems of all the other hospital systems to make sure that it was completed to know ahead of time not to call you. Next time, I will make sure to call around and see who breaks HIPAA to tell me if you have performed the test before I call and ask you if you still need that procedure.

3. I asked a patient for the diagnosis on her doctors order.

Karen, I do apologize if this upset you. This is standard information necessary for scheduling tests, but I should have known this would make you upset. It was not breaking HIPAA like you say, as this is my job to get the information for the departments. But you're right, I should report to my manager that I am slacking on my job and be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment