Monday, August 16, 2021

Episode 41

me: Place where I work scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: Hi, I need to schedule a doctor's appointment.

me: We only schedule outpatient testing. You'll have to call the doctor's office directly as they schedule their own appointments.

pt: I've been passed around from person to person and no one can help me. Do your damn job. You're scheduling. Schedule my damn appointment.

me: Like I said, I cannot schedule appointments with doctor's offices. You have to call them directly. If you have a name I can look it up and see if their number pulls up in the system. 

pt: How the hell am I supposed to tell you the name of the doctor. I am a new patient I don't fucking know the doctor's name! Just fucking schedule me.

me: I'm sorry, excuse me? I don't really know why you're talking to me like that. I'm trying to help you but I can't if you are going to continue to speak to me. I told you that I can't schedule the appointment but can help you find the office number for you to call. 

pt: You can't schedule me but you work in scheduling? What the hell kind of joke hospital is this? Go fuck yourself. *click*

me: Wonderful.  I love my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment