Thursday, March 2, 2023

Episode 88

me: Hi, this is Sally calling from Central Scheduling. I'm calling for Mrs. Franks?

pt: That is me.

me: Hi, I am calling because your physician, Dr. Smith, sent over an order for a CT scan, so I am following up to see if you'd like to schedule an appointment. 

pt: A what now?

me: A CT scan.  Ordered by Dr. Smith.

pt: I don't see a Dr. Smith.

me: You don't see a Dr. Tammy Smith? From the primary care office?

pt: I see a Dr. Tammy but I don't know her last name.

me: Dr. Tammy Smith is at the primary care office. Is that where you go?

pt: I go to a primary care place. I see a Dr. Tammy something. 

me: Okay well Dr. Tammy Smith is at that office, so that's the last name. Smith. And she ordered a CT scan. 

pt: A TP scan?

me: CT. CAT scan of the lungs. 

pt: I don't need no TP scan. What is it of?

me: The lungs.. Not a TP scan. A CAT scan of the lungs. 

pt: What body part is this test of?

me: Like I just said, the lungs. 

pt: But I don't see no Dr. Smith. I see a Tammy something. And she didn't tell me about no TP scan. I don't want anything.

me: Okay, well Dr. Smith's first name is Tammy. If you don't recognize the test, then I'd recommend following up with the office.

pt: What days are available?

me: Are you scheduling the test?

pt: What's the test?

me: A CT of the lungs.

pt: Of what body part?

me: Do we have a bad connection? Can you hear me okay?

pt: Yes, I can hear just fine. What dates are available. March 2? 3? 

me: Are you sure you are wanting to schedule? If you aren't sure of the test, I'd rather you talk with your doctor first before we schedule. 

pt: I'm scheduling. What about March 3?

me: They can do March 3 at 9am at location A.

pt: Well, I am not available March 3. What about March 28, that's my next day off. How about in the afternoon.

me: March 28 they have a 1pm at the hospital and a 130p at location B. 

pt: But I wanted the morning. What about March 3? 

me: March 3 I thought you said you weren't available. Do you want that appointment now? I guess I'm a little confused. 

pt: Nope, I want that appointment. 

me: Alrighty then. March 3 at 9am at location A. They ask that you arrive at 845am and check in at the registration desk on the third floor. Do you know how to get there?

pt: What floor is this on?

me: 3rd floor. Off the D elevator immediately to the right.

pt: And they will know who I am?

me: I mean, once you give them your name then yes. 

pt: Okay, I might cancel but thank you. Goodbye. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment