Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Episode 11

And in one day we had a rambler, a complainer, and a man who needs a lesson in how to talk to people.


The Rambler
pt: Hi, I have an appointment for a colonoscopy and my doctor said "Hey, you should get an ultrasound-lets not wait for the colonoscopy" so he gave me an order and I think it's of my abdomen but I'm not quite sure and I can't really read it. I should be in your system I'm there all the time. I had an aneurysm once and I was born there. My brother also comes there a lot and I go with him. I should have a wing named after my already! HAHA. So let's go. How do we do this? what do you need? Let's get this thing going.

me: 


The Complainer
pt: I need the next available appointment.

me: Next available is July 26.

pt: Holy crap, that far out?

me: I can give you the number for the other locations if you'd like to try there to get in sooner.

pt: I'll die before then! 

me: So does that mean you want the other phone numbers?

pt: No! I'll just die!

me: If you say so. 



The Man Who Needs a Lesson in Talking to People
pt: The doctor told me to call and schedule.

me: What test do you need?

pt: Well I don't know!

me: Who is the doctor?

pt: Jeez lady I don't know that either!

me: You don't know your own doctor's name or what test you need?

pt: Open your ears that's what I said!

me: Alright well I can't help you because I need that information to schedule a test.

pt: Listen, I need a test. My doctor said to call!

me: But you don't know the doctor's name? And you don't know what test you need. I am not quite sure what I can do to help. I'm sorry.

pt: Just schedule me already!!

me: I'm sorry, I can't.






No comments:

Post a Comment