Monday, July 19, 2021

Episode 16

On this special episode, a story from my coworker (C). 

C: *place where I work* scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need a CT of my lower extremity.

C: In your chart there is actually an order for an OB ultrasound. For pregnancy.

pt: Yep, ultrasound. That's what I said. I missed the appointment because I was too tired and was napping instead.

C: Next available is--

pt: Wait, wait. It needs to be afternoon only. I can't do morning. I'm sleeping.

C: In that case, next available is August 13.

pt: Well I have to get in before August 10. So that won't do.

C: They have appointments available, just not in the PM. Can you do a morning instead?

pt: I told you, no. It has to be afternoon only. I don't wake up in the mornings. I'm too tired.

C: Then they have nothing until August 13. 

pt: Well then! You better call my doctor and tell them that!

C: Sure, I'll call and let them know that we have no afternoon appointments until August 13 and you missed your last appointment because you were too tired. Did you want me to let them know you need to reschedule your appointment with them too?

pt: Fine, I'll take a morning appointment. 

C: 

No comments:

Post a Comment