Thursday, July 1, 2021

Episode 5

On this episode: do appointment times really matter?


me: This test is only done Monday through Friday.

patient: Y'all don't do weekends?

me: That's correct. Only Monday through Friday. Which day works better for you?

pt: Well what times are available?

me: Earliest is 8am. Latest is 3pm.

pt: Okay, I want your next 3pm.

me: Great, next available is 3pm next Thursday. 

pt: I'll take it. Just tell the department I'll be there at 330.

me: No, I'm sorry I can't do that. The test is at 3pm and you have to arrive by 245. If you should up at 330 they will reschedule you.

pt: I can't do that. I work. I would have to get there late. I want the 3pm.

me: I can't put you at 3pm if you plan to arrive at 330pm. The test starts at 3pm, that means if you're late the department will not see you.

pt: Well I'm sure other people show up late. There ain't no way people makin' their appointment on time with such a crappy availability.

me: I'm sorry, if you don't plan to arrive at 245 then I cannot schedule you.

pt: This ridiculous. Y'all have to take me. I need this test done. They can just work faster after I show up late to make up the time.

me: Then if you need this test you'll have to make something work like everyone else and find a way to be there at 245p. Your test will start at 3pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment