Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Episode 8

There is only so much disrespect a person can take. 


pt: I need a CT scan.

me: What is the diagnosis?

pt: I don't know.

me: Is there anything on the order that says assessments, or DX, or an ICD 10 code?

pt: I can't read anything it's doctor chicken scratch.

me: Well, I do need the diagnosis before I can schedule. I can ca--

pt: WELL WHAT THE F*CK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT THAT!?

me: Please do not yell at me like that.

pt: WELL YOU'RE BEING A F*CKING IDIOT! I TOLD YOU I CAN'T READ IT!

me: I'm not going to schedule anything if you keep talking to me like that.

pt: Well what do you want me to do about that? I can't read it and I don't know what's wrong with me. That's why I need the test, duh!

me: If you wouldn't have let me finish my statement earlier, you would have heard me say that I can call the doctor's office to get that diagnosis if you give me the phone number. 

pt: That's your job to look that up.

me: It's my job to schedule your appointment, not look up your doctor's phone number. Do you have the doctor's phone number?

pt: Oh my god, just f*cking look it up. 

me


Friends, let me tell you hanging up on that person was the most satisfying thing I did all day long. I will not talk to you while you're being rude like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment