Thursday, August 19, 2021

Episode 44

 Things that irk me: Part 2


1. When patients refuse to sign up for the patient portal and say "Oh, I don't use a computer. I'm too old."

At what point is it not okay to use that as an excuse anymore? Computers are everywhere. My 94 year old grandmother has an email and Facebook for crying out loud! Just learn to use computers, it's the way of the world.


2. When I ask a patient for their name and they only respond with either just their first name or just their last...and then stop talking leaving awkward silence. Especially when it's a basic name like Kevin, or Smith.

Thanks for that Kevin but there are hundreds of Kevin's out there. Use your full name!


3. When patients say they are too lazy to get up and get their orders or insurance cards.

First of all Karen, it says on the recording before we even pick up the phone to "please have your doctors order and insurance cards ready" so saying that you didn't know you needed that information is a lie. Second of all, if you want an appointment you need to give me that information or else I can't schedule anything. Third of all, get off your booty and get the information. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment