Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Episode 58

 me: Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need to schedule a CT scan.

me: Great, and your name?

pt: I don't know.

me: I'm sorry, you don't know your name?

pt: Oh you want my name? I thought you said my fame!

me: That doesn't even make sense. What is your name?

pt: Fred.

me: ...and your last name?

pt: I just told you. Fred.

me: Your last name is Fred? Then what is your first name.

pt: Fred.

me: So your name is Fred Fred?

pt: No it's Fred Smith.

me: There ya go, that's what I needed. *sets up CT scan* Alright, so the CAT scans moved to a new location.

pt: Woah woah, I'm stopping you right there. I need a CT scan. Not a CAT scan. Are you even paying attention?

me: Sir, a CT and a CAT scan are the same thing.

pt: Well I don't know that, don't give me attitude. I'm not a doctor.

me: I'm not giving you attitude, I'm simply telling you that CTs and CAT scans are the same thing. So would you like the address to the facility?

pt: I guess so.

me: 1234 Hospital Lane

pt: What lane?

me: Hospital.

pt: What's that? Bit lane?

me: Is our connection bad? I said hospital lane. h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l

pt: Oh, hospital. Dumb name but okay. 

me: Great, you're all set. Have a nice rest of your day!

pt: Yeah, sure. whatever. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment