Monday, October 18, 2021

Episode 59

 me: Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need to schedule a CT colonography.

me: Okay, any day of the week that you need?

pt: Fridays, and it has to be the latest appointment you have.

me: Well this test is only done in the mornings because of the prep.

pt: My doctor said there was no prep. What prep do I need for this?

me: It's similar to a colonoscopy and it's a 3 day prep.

pt: Well make a note I'm refusing the prep. I just want the test.

me: They can't do the test without the prep, so no. I can't just make a note. If you don't want the prep you can call your doctor and discuss that with him before making an appointment.

pt: Whatever, fine. Just schedule me the latest morning appointment you can.

me: How about next Friday at 10am?

pt: That's fine.

me: Okay, so the prep will need to be picked up anytime between today and no later than the Tuesday before the appointment.

pt: So I have to waste my day to come in twice to pick up this stupid prep?

me: Or you can call your doctor and tell him you have an issue with the prep. But yes the prep has to be picked up from the same location you check in no later than the Tuesday before the test.

pt: Fine, I guess I'll go pick it up. Now where do I check in for my surgery?

me: I don't know, we don't have anything to do with the surgeries. You have to call the doctor who set that up.

pt: Well what about my prep instructions for that surgery?

me: Again, I don't know because I only do outpatient testing, not surgery. 

pt: Well it's not until November and I already have you on the phone so just tell me.

me: I can't just tell you because I don't have anything to do with the surgeries. I don't have that information.

pt: What kind of scheduling department are you if you can't tell me about my surgery?

me: The scheduling for testing department. 

pt: Fine, I guess I'll call the doctor but I'm not happy about it.

me: Wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment