Monday, November 1, 2021

Episode 62

pt: I need to schedule my imaging.

me: What kind of imaging does your order say you need?

pt: It doesn't say. Just says imaging.

me: Well I do need to know what kind of imaging is required. Is the only thing on your paper the word 'imaging' or are there other words listed?

pt: It just says imaging. That's all.

me: So the only word on the entire piece of paper is the word 'imaging'?

pt: That's what I said.

me: Alright well I can't schedule anything without knowing what exactly I'm scheduling. Since your order only has the word 'imaging' you will have to call your doctors office and have them fax the order to us. Once they do that, call us back and we will get you scheduled.

pt: Call the office? What, am I the secretary now?

me: I mean you are the patient, so if you want the test then we need to know what you need. And we can't know that without an order. 

pt: Well you're the secretary, not me. So you call them.

me: I am a scheduler. If you want the test, then you have to call your doctors office and have them fax us the order.

pt: No, I refuse. I ain't no secretary. I'm not calling.

me: Then I guess you won't be having any tests done.



No comments:

Post a Comment