Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Episode 63

 doctor: My patient needs to have a venous duplex scheduled.

me: Okay, I have the patient pulled up. It doesn't look like you've put the order in the system. We do have to have the order put in first, before we can set up the appointment.

doctor: I don't know how many times I have to tell you all. I don't have access to the system. I can't put the order in.

me: Well all your other test orders go into the system and all doctors who use the system do have to use the electronic orders. Could you try one more time please while we're on the phone?

doctor: It's not going to work, but whatever. I'll try again.

doctor: I put the order in. Do you see it?

me: Nope, doesn't look like it worked. 

doctor: Every time I try to put this test in the order doesn't show up on your end. I'm not going to keep going through this. You are either going to accept papers orders or I'll start sending my patients to another facility.

me: If it's just that one order that doesn't work, then you have to put in a ticket to the help desk and have them fix it. All your other orders work so there must be some issue with just the venous duplex test. It's a simple fix, you just have to put that ticket in.

doctor: Or you could just look in the right place. Everyone else can see my orders but you are telling me that you can't.

me: Sir, there are 2 different places the order might be. I'm looking at both and it's not there. I know where to look for the orders. Like I said, I can see all your other orders that you put in, just not this particular test. Which means you have to place a ticket for the help desk for someone to fix it. 

doctor: Like I already told you, either accept my paper orders or I'm sending my patients somewhere else. I want to speak to your manager.

me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment