Thursday, November 18, 2021

Episode 66

Monday

pt: Hi I need to schedule an appointment for my daughter, Casey. 

me: Looks like she hasn't been here before so I'll have to make a new account. Casey spelled C-A-S-E-Y?

pt: Yes. Last name is Smith.

me: and what test does she need?

pt: MRI.

me: *schedules appointment* Alright, you're all set! The department will call to do a pre-screening for Casey the day before the appointment so be prepared for that.

pt: Okay, thank you!


Thursday

pt: Hi, my daughter is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow, but it's the wrong daughter. I want to know how this happened.

me: Okay what is the name of the daughter who is currently scheduled?

pt: Casey. But it's not supposed to be Casey, it's supposed to be Melanie.

me: Oh, it looks like I scheduled this appointment. Does Casey need an MRI too? I remember you giving me the name Casey.

pt: No I didn't, I gave you Melanie. You must not have been listening. Melanie needs the MRI.

me: Oh, well okay. I do remember you specifically saying Casey. But it's not a problem, I will get it changed. It looks like Melanie would be a new patient as well. Is all the information the same for both Melanie and Casey?

pt: Yes, it is a problem. How did Casey get scheduled?

me: Like I said, you said Casey when we scheduled the appointment. So Casey is who I scheduled. But it's fine, I will get it changed to Melanie and you will still be good for the appointment tomorrow.

pt: This better not happen again. We will be there tomorrow. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment