Friday, November 19, 2021

Episode 67

 pt: Hi I need to schedule an MRI.

me: What kind of MRI was ordered?

pt: Shoulder. Is it comprehensive?

me: What do you mean by that? 

pt: Nevermind. My arm looses feeling. I just need to know what is wrong with my arm.

me: Well, that's why your doctor ordered the test. To find out what's wrong with your arm.

pt: Must be those chicken mcnuggets I've been eating.

me: Oh yes, it's definitely a runaway nugg stuck in your arm.

pt: You're right, it's probably stuck deep in there. I love those nuggs. Are there people with COVID there? I'm scared I'm doing to die.

me: I mean, it is a hospital so there are COVID patients, yes. But they have their own wing so the outpatient area that you're going is not in direct contact with COVID patients.

pt: I am scared. I don't want to be in a room full of sick people.

me: At the door they screen patients by asking COVID screening questions, take temperatures, and everyone is wearing masks. 

pt: You're probably thinking, "just shut up Steve. Come to the hospital."

me: Nah, I'm just trying to schedule your appointment. So Saturday. Is that a good day for you?

pt: Works about as good as anything!

me: Alright. Come in through the front doors of the facility. Imaging is on the first floor. Any questions?

pt: Where do I go? 

me: I just tol-

pt: Oh wait, you just told me. I'm not okay in the head. This is weird. Now I'm embarrassed. I'm hanging up now.. Goodbye. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment