Friday, December 3, 2021

Episode 71

 me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need to know what time my appointment is.

me: Okay what's your name?

pt: Gerald Frank. Date of birth 12/12/60.

me: It's not pulling you up by that name and date of birth. What's your phone number so I can try and look you up that way.

pt: 123-456-7890

me: Hmm... it's not pulling you up by that number either. Maybe I misheard you. You said Gerald Frank, date of birth 12/12/60.

pt: Yes that's my name. I was just there at the secondary facility. I had an appointment but they said the machine was down so they moved me to Monday.

me: The secondary facility doesn't do MRI appointments on Mondays. Are you absolutely sure that you were scheduled at the secondary facility?

pt: I was just there! Of course I know where I was scheduled!

me: Okay it's just that the secondary facility doesn't do MRI appointments on Mondays so I'm not quite sure how you would have been added on a Monday.

pt: You're incompetent! I'll just go back to the facility because they're competent there.

me: Okay you do that.






No comments:

Post a Comment