Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Episode 72

me: Central scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: Yeah I got a call this morning to set up a test.

me: What's your name and date of birth?

pt: Shouldn't you know already? You called me.

me: Well I didn't actually call anyone this morning so I need your date of birth and name because I don't know who you are.

pt: What does that mean? I got a call.

me: Yes, from one of my coworkers. It wasn't me so I need your information so I schedule you appropriately. Now may I please have your name and date of birth so I can schedule you?

pt: Oh fine. Bert McDonald. 1/1/60.

me: And what date or time works best for you?

pt: There isn't one. I don't even know when I can schedule because I need a ride and I live 100 miles away.

me: Did you want to call back when you know?

pt: Just schedule me. Now don't put me on a day when the lab isn't open. I came in last time and they said the lab was open but it wasn't

me: Well the lab is open Monday through Friday. 

pt: Yeah, whatever you say.

me: Are you saying I'm lying?

pt: Yeah I am. The lab wasn't open last time I was there and it was a Monday. they said they were super short staffed and didn't have time for me.

me: Okay I'm not sure why that would happen, but does December 22 work for you?

pt: Can you assure me the lab will be open?

me: Well it's open Monday through Friday and that day is a Wednesday so it should be open.

pt: If it's closed, I'm calling your manager. 

me: Okay, if that's what you need to do. You're all set, have a good day!

pt: Yeah, whatever. *click



No comments:

Post a Comment