Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Episode 73 - We're back!!!

 HELLOOOO WORLD

It's been just over a year since I've posted last. 2022 was a wild ride for me (some good, lots of bad), making it rather difficult to keep sharing my stories. But now that it's a new year, I'm back and ready for action. 2023 has been off to quite a crazy start so far. Be ready - these stories get more off the wall every day!


me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: Hi, I need to talk to a Lynne. 

me: I'm sorry, we don't have a Lynne in our department. 

pt: Well, they said I need an appointment. 

me: Let me take a look. What's your name?

pt: Mrs. Smith.

me: And your first name?

pt: Mrs. Smith.

me: I need your first name please. Smith is a very common last name.

pt: *deep sigh* Fine. My first name is Karen.

me: Great, and your date of birth?

pt: And why do you need that?

me: You have a very common name. I need to make sure I know who I'm talking to. 

pt: Whatever. The fifth month, the fifth day, of the fifty-fifth year. 

me: Alright well it looks like we called you because your doctor sent over a referral for an appointment with a Nutritionist. I am actually the one who called you. My name is Emily.

pt: No, the message said Lynne. Why would you say Lynne is your name is Emily.

me: Um...well, I'm not quite sure why I'd say my name was Lynne if my name is Emily. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

pt: That's what you said though. So, you should stop telling people the wrong name because it's confusing to us and unprofessional.

me: Yep, I'll get right on that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment