Thursday, February 9, 2023

Episode 80

 me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need to schedule an x-ray.

me: Is it just a regular x-ray? If so, those are just a walk-in, so you don't have to schedule anything.

pt: I don't know what I need. I just need an x-ray.

me: Alright well let's see what your doctor sent over. What's your name?

pt: Can't you just tell me what test I need?

me: I can...once you tell me your name so I can pull up your account.

pt: Karen Hill.

me: Alright looks like the doctor ordered an ultrasound of your thyroid. Does that sound right?

pt: Yep that's what I need! An x-ray! That's what I said. So I don't have to schedule an appointment then?

me: This one is an ultrasound, which is different than an x-ray. This does need to be scheduled. What dates or times work best for you?

pt: Right now.

me: They don't have anything today so what other dates or times work?

pt: But my doctor said I can have it done today.

me: The department leaves for the day at 4p. It's 515p so there is nobody there to do the test today.

pt: Then why did the doctor tell me to come over?

me: That is something I cannot answer, I'm sorry. Did you want to find a different day then?

pt: What about tomorrow at 9am.

me: They do not have an opening for tomorrow at 9am but they had a cancellation and had a 130p open. Would that maybe work?

pt: Nope, I only want 9am.

me: Okay well the next available 9am is next Thursday. How does that sound?

pt: But why not tomorrow?

me: They don't have a 9am tomorrow. Only the afternoon at 130p. And then that was because there was a cancellation, otherwise the next available overall that is next Thursday. 

pt: So nothing earlier?

me: Nope, if tomorrow at 130p doesn't work then next available is next Thursday.

pt: Why nothing earlier?

me: Well, the schedule is full...

pt: I'm trying the other location. Goodbye. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment