Thursday, February 9, 2023

Episode 81

I would like to preface this story by giving some background information. When a person calls in to schedule, if they do not want to wait on hold there is an option for a callback. With this feature, a person says they want a callback, enters their phone number and the system automatically dials the person's number to keep their place in line. The following tale is about a callback, and it's important to remember the patient has to choose to receive one - we don't automatically call a patient back. 

*ring ring*

pt answers: What the hell do you people want? Leave me alone!

me: Um... you requested a callback. So, you asked us to call you.

pt: I told you people to leave me alone.

me: Well sir, again...you asked us to call you back. 

pt: I received a bill from you people for $29. I didn't even see the doctor.

me: This isn't billing tho-

pt: I am talking here. I didn't even go to your facility. I ain't seen no doctor there. PLUS I have Medicare and Medicaid and they pay for all my things, so what the hell is this bill for. My name is Tim Tom and my date of birth is 3/3/80. I'm already in your system, but I ain't been to this doctor before. I ain't got no $29 fee either. You better re-bill my information because I don't pay nothing with my Medicare and Medicaid. I'm on disability and they pay for it all. What Medicare doesn't pay, Medicaid does. I'm not paying no $29. You better get your shit together because I haven't even been to your office so how did you even get my information. So for the last time, I never want to hear from you again. Don't bother calling me because if I hear from you again I'm pressing charges. That is illegal. 

me: Hold on, I'm -

pt: *click* 

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment