Thursday, February 9, 2023

Episode 82

me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: I need to schedule for my husband, Robert.

me: What's his last name?

pt: Frank.

me: And date of birth?

pt: Frank.

me: Date of birth?

pt: Robert Frank. 

me: ...and the date of birth?

pt: 4/5/67

me: So, to schedule an appointment we do have to have the physician's order faxed over and on file first. We have not received any testing orders for your husband yet, so you'll have to call the office and have them fax the order over before we can schedule.

pt: I have the order right here. The doctor gave it to me, not faxed it to you. We just left the office.

me: I understand that you have the order with you, but we do require the order to be faxed over before we schedule. A lot of times offices will give patients the order as well as fax it to us. If he just left the office, they may still be in the process of getting that faxed over if you want to wait and then call back. They might just need a little more time to get that sent over.  

pt: You're going to need to call the office then, because they gave me the order and it's not my problem you need the paperwork. I don't have a fax machine.

me: Okay, well that's why I said to call the doctor's office and have them fax the order.  You aren't required to fax it, the doctor's office does. 

pt: I LITERALLY JUST ASKED YOU FOR THE FAX NUMBER ARE YOU DEAF.

me: Actually, you did not ask for the fax or else I would have given it to you. 

pt: HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO YOUR JOB!

me: I'm sorry, do my job?

pt: YOU MUST REALLY BE DEAF. WHAT IS THE DAMN FAX NUMBER.

me: Well-


*click* the pt hung up on me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment