Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Episode 91

me: Hi, this is Central Scheduling, calling for Tom?

pt: *loud dogs barking in the background* THIS IS TOM.

me: Hi, I'm calling because we received an order from your physician to schedule you for a CT scan so I'm following up to see if you still need to set up an appointment.

pt: Oh hallelujah, praise Jesus. I had you on my list of people to call today.

me: Sounds like perfect timing! I will take that enthusiasm as a yes, we need to schedule you an appointment, correct?

pt: This is wonderful! Yes! Let me go inside and get my calendar. One moment ma'am.

*hears lots of doors closing, no more barking dogs*

pt: My goodness, this is much better. My dogs are out there screaming as if I don't feed the things! I can't hear you with them in my ear. Now what dates are you trying to get me in?

me: I just have a few questions to ask before I can look at the available times. 

pt: I'm sorry I didn't mean to cut you off. Go ahead.

me: Do you have an iodine allergy?

pt: I had shellfish when I was a child and they told me I broke out in hives from the iodine, but that was years ago and I've had tests since. So I am going to say no.

me: Is there any particular day or time you need?

pt: I will take *singing* ANNNYYYTTHHHIINGGGG you have. 

me: The next available is next Thursday at 12pm. Does that work?

pt: Put me down and I'll be there!

me: Easy enough. Do you know where to check in for this test?

pt: The hospital is my second home I sure do! 

me: Great well then you are all set.

pt: *singing again* You're the best!

me: 

No comments:

Post a Comment