Monday, March 20, 2023

Episode 93

me: Central Scheduling, how can I help you?

pt: Hi, I need you to listen to me for a moment. Please stop talking. I just got a call from the center in Minneapolis, Minnesota saying that I broke 4 bones in each of my legs. It took then 15 days to call me and tell me that. I need you to tell me what to do. 

me: I'm not quite sure what you're hoping I can tell you though...

pt: Do I schedule an appointment? Go to the ER? I need you to talk to me now.

me: So, a doctor in Minnesota called you to tell you that you have broken bones and did not tell you what they wanted you to do about it?

pt: Yes! Exactly what I just said!

me: Did you contact your primary care physician?

pt: I did not.

me: I would start there. See what they'd like you do to, whether that be schedule an appointment, go to the ER, or something else.

pt: Whatever fine. Thanks for nothing. *click

me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment